VEGAN | DAIRY-FREE| GLUTEN-FREE
PREP : 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
SERVES : 12
- 1/2 Cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 Rice malt syrup
- 3 TBSP Cacao powder
- 20 Almonds
- Dash of salt
- Vegan chocolate buttons
- Over the stove, fill 1/2 a saucepan with water and wait for it to boil.
- Place a mixing bowl over the top of the sauce pan. This creates a steaming effect and gently heats the mixing bowl up to melt the chocolate.
- In the mixing bowl, add the coconut oil. Let this melt fully before continuing to the next step.
- Add the rice malt syrup and stir with a whisk for approximately 3-5 minutes or until both are combined. You should have a smooth consistency.
- Add in the cacao powder. Use a whisk to combine all ingredients making it smooth and runny.
- In a slice plan, place down your toppings and space them out evenly- nuts, salt, chocolate buttons.
- Turn the stove off and pour the chocolate over the slice pan with your toppings. Do this immediately so your chocolate doesn’t start to harden.
- Place the slice pan with your chocolate mix into the freezer and allow it to set for 2 hours. Ensure that you have an area in your freezer with a flat surface to ensure your choccy mix sets flat.
- Once set, break into small pieces and store in a air tight container.
Roast your almonds to give your chocolate bark a roasted nutty taste!
If you love pretzels, that is an awesome alternative to nuts.
Add in 4-5 drops off essential oils such as peppermint to give this chocolate a different minty flavour.
Don’t forget to share and tag me in any of your home made creations!! I absolutely LOVE seeing what you all create at home! Happy Experimenting sissy’s!!