PREP: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 50 MINUTES
This fruity but tangy loaf is seriously tea party goaaallls!! If you love anything blueberry and lemons then stop what your doing because hunny, this loaf is for you!
This lemon and blueberry healthy loaf will have your guests mouths watering and your kids excited about eating healthier options! It’s such an easy recipe to whip up whilst your multitask and put a load of washing on, find out below how to make this delicious fruity loaf for yourself.
- 2 cups Wholemeal Spelt flour – can use plain flour or gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup white or coconut sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medium lemon zest , (zest them first then juice them after)
- 2 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries , plus another small handful for decorating the top. TIP: Fresh will give the best flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil. Optional: layering a piece of baking paper along the bottom with two sides over hanging to act as handles to allow you to lift the loaf out once cooked.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk them together until combined fully.
- In a separate bowl, add melted coconut oil, sugar, milk, lemon zest and juice. Stir until everything is combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and fold it in with a wooden spoon or spatula. Do not whisk the mixture as this will affect the fluffiness of the loaf once cooked.
- Add the blueberries into the mixture, fold them in with a spatula – Be careful.
- Pour the batter mixture into your loaf pan and smooth the top,. sprinkle fresh blueberries over the top and whatever else as toppings – I used slivered almonds.
- Place the loaf pan into the oven. Bake for approximately 50 minutes. Prick with a fork to check the inside is cooked and bake for longer if needed.
- Remove the pan from the oven carefully and using the baking paper handles, lift the loaf out of the pan and onto a cooling rack to cool the loaf before serving. If you didn’t use baking paper, place the cooling rack on top of the loaf pan and flip the pan over. carefully shake the pan to make the loaf come out. once out and on the cooling rack, flip the right way up and allow to cool.
- Once loaf has cooled, using a large knife, slice the loaf into 10-12 sections and serve up with your fav gal pals!
- Store leftovers in an air tight container for up to 4 days.
Don’t forget to share the love and tag me in any of your home made creations!! Happy baking sissy’s!!