PREP : 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
SERVES : 12
This thick but creamy custard, perfect either as cannoli filling or on it’s own, is super easy to make! This recipe will have you waking up in the morning craving more!
- 2 1/2 cups Almond milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 TSP Vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup Cornflour
- 60g Butter
- Add above ingredients + 1-2 TSP Cacao powder (add more to intensify the chocolate taste)
- Brink milk to boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat once boiled and bubbling.
- In a mixing bowl, use an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla essence until fluffy.
- Stir in the cornflour gradually to get a thicker consistency.
- Whisk in the milk gradually.
- Once ingredients are combined, place it into your saucepan again.
- Continuously whisk the ingredients over a medium to low heat for 5 minutes, or until the mixture begins to boil. Reduce to the lowest heat. The mixture will begin to thicken here. Careful it doesn’t burn in the step!
- Stir in your butter until combined.
- Once butter is mixed through, place the mixture into a heatproof bowl. Cover the surface with cling wrap to prevent skin from forming on the top.
- Place half the mixture into one bowl and the other in a different bowl.
- Add cacao powder into one of the bowls and mix until combined. You now have CHOCOLATE custard!! woo!!
Once the mixture has cooled, using a spoon, fill the cannoli shells with custard and store in an air tight container. Store up to 2 days (that’s if they make it past the first day🤣😍)
Don’t forget to share the love and tag me in any of your home made creations!! Happy baking sissy’s!!