VEGAN | GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (3 or more to intensify chocolate taste)
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp Salt
- Prepare a square tray, you can either lay a piece of baking paper down with the edges overhanging to use as a handle, however due to the coconut oil I am able to remove the slice easily.
- Place all the base layer ingredients into a blender. Blend on high for approximately 3 minutes or until all elements are combined. Transfer into your baking tray, flattening out the base layer until all surface is covered. Place in the freezer whilst you prepare your chocolate layer.
- In a pan bowl water and place a heat proof mixing bowl over the top (to create a steaming effect). Melt the coconut oil first, then add in the rice malt syrup. Use a whisk to break up the rice malt syrup and mix it in with the coconut oil. Add in the cacao powder and stir until combined. Carefully taste test your chocolate and add more cacao powder if needed.
- Pour chocolate over the base layer. Spread evenly and put the tray into the freezer to set for 30-40 minutes.
- Once set, remove from freezer and carefully remove the slice from the tray. Using a knife cut slice into pieces.
- Store slice in an air tight glass container and keep for up to a week (if it lasts that long!)
- Put your knife under hot water to get a clean cut when cutting the slice.
- Storing your slice in the freezer will help it t last longer.
Don’t forget to share and tag me in any of your home made creations!! I LOVE seeing what you get up to at home! Happy baking lovely’s!